Wednesday 26 March 2014

David Moyes Says He Is Disappointed In Himself

Ahead of the derby with Manchester City, the under-fire manager admits he is hurting after a tough first season at Old Trafford but maintains he has a winning mentality.David Moyes admits he is hurting following a difficult start to life in charge of Manchester United.The Premier League champions currently sit seventh in the table, 18 points off leaders Chelsea, after a season of inconsistent results.

Manchester City are Moyes’ next opponents on Tuesday and, ahead of the derby, the Scot admits he is disappointed with himself.
“They have definitely hurt,” he told reporters. “They have hurt more because I joined Manchester United with big expectations myself – that I was coming to the winning football club.Continue.. 
“I’ve got a winning mentality and that’s what I wanted to do, so I’m disappointed with myself and I’m disappointed that we’ve been unable to do that. But it has not been for the want of trying, that’s for sure.”
The likes of West Brom, Everton and Newcastle United all ended long waits for a win at Old Trafford in shock results this season, while rivals Liverpool comfortably triumphed 3-0 earlier in March.


Moyes insists he does not dwell on such setbacks and demoralising results but called for consistency as his team look to improve in the final eight league games.
He continued: “I move on, but the first thing you always do is look at what you’ve done yourself and then move on and see if it’s something I maybe could have done better.

“As it has been, we’ve not had the [good] performances as regular as I wanted and that’s where we need to find that consistency where we can do that.

“It’s important to win all the games. Big teams or small teams, you want to win them all. But we want to beat the top teams as well as the bottom teams.culled
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:*Atinuke does NOT own any other blog/website apart from www.missatinuke.blogspot.com
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Atinuke.
*Miss Atinuke's Blog readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on missatinuke.blogspot.com
Kindly Drop Your Comments! Thank You!