Tuesday 28 January 2014

Kenwyne Jones has joined Cardiff and Peter Odemwingie is heading to Stoke

Cardiff have completed the signing of Kenwyne Jones from Stoke and another forward, Peter Odemwingie, will move in the opposite direction as part of the deal.

The 32-year-old Odemwingie has signed an 18-month contract and could make his Stoke debut against Sunderland on Wednesday night.
Jones, 29, will have to wait a little longer for a first chance to impress his new employers but could feature against Norwich on Saturday.

The tall striker has been capped 58 times by Trinidad & Tobago and joined Stoke in August 2010 from Sunderland, having been brought to this country by Southampton back in 2004.
Jones has made 88 appearances for Stoke, scoring 13 goals, but he has been on the periphery of the first team in recent months.
Odemwingie has 55 Nigeria caps to his name and bagged 30 goals in 87 appearances after being signed by West Brom, before moving on to Cardiff last September.
Stoke boss Mark Hughes said: "We're delighted to have signed Peter.
"Things haven't perhaps gone as well for him at Cardiff as he would have hoped and he's really keen to start afresh with us.
"He has a good goal-scoring record in the Premier League and will bring a different dimension to our attacking options.
"I've no doubts he will prove to be an excellent addition to our squad."
Chief executive Tony Scholes added: "We were interested in signing Peter last summer so we're really pleased to have finally secured his services."
Odemwingie said: "Maybe in the past few months I didn't get too many goal-scoring opportunities, but I am sure that will change here at Stoke.

"One of my strongest qualities is being able to put the ball into the back of the net, with either my right foot or my left foot, and I intend on doing that regularly here.
"I like to get myself into good positions on the field whereby I can get opportunities and I know that with the quality of players here at the club there will be days where we do create a lot of chances to score the goals.
"I feel I am a different player to Kenwyne Jones. He is more of a target man, but I am somebody who likes the ball at my feet and I also like to get in behind the defence as often as possible too.
"I am sure that the manager and his staff know about me and I am certain they will use me to my strengths.
"They are very knowledgeable people and they must feel that I can bring something different to the team. That gives me a lot of confidence and belief in myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:*Atinuke does NOT own any other blog/website apart from www.missatinuke.blogspot.com
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Atinuke.
*Miss Atinuke's Blog readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on missatinuke.blogspot.com
Kindly Drop Your Comments! Thank You!